Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sensory bright, Infinite dark.









The purchase of my new favourite book 'Heaven & Earth - Unseen by the Naked Eye' (Phaidon Press inc. 2007) saw the beginning of my obsession with with images of space. Simple and out-dated  it may seem, space does not cease to amaze and inspire me. 

With sensory brights and infinite darks, it is not just the celestial colours and organic shapes that appeal...these images show the beauty of the vast unknown of the universe. To me, they are a reminder of the scientific miracle this is life and the chance occurrence that is our existence here on Earth. 

Rather than referencing past eras or designers as inspiration for my final collection, I am inspired by science and scientific thought. Despite the fact that I am definitely not a scientist (although I did complete just one year of a medical science degree) I believe science can present a deeper perspective on the familiarities of daily existence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment