Monday, May 24, 2010

In Orbit - collection board update

Since the previous design selection assessment and the arrival of my neoprene, I have re-thought and re-designed my collection. 
As a reminder, this (below) was the original collection board:
I was unsure of how the neoprene would behave when it came to sampling the garments. Once I got my hands on it and its 4-way stretch, I decided to embrace the stretch rather than fight it to make tailored/structured garments - like the cropped jacket, above left. This is one of the reasons for the evolution into mostly stretch  garments. I will post photos of my samples on the models we had for assessment yesterday as soon as I get them off the studio camera. 

Here's some details on the individual designs:


Cropped shirt in white cotton organdy (below: back view showing circular 'moon' cut out)



Skirt in printed organza - circle skirt base with repeated gradating circles sewn on top. 







Raglan sleeve dress in white neoprene with crescent and star laser cut-outs. Shorts in printed stretch mesh worn underneath. 























Lingerie set in white neoprene with white mesh overlay in panels. Crescent Swarovksi crystal bead at the centre of the bra. Underwear have a crescent seam detail at the back. 









Maxi dress in printed mesh, lose fit with extended arm holes and racer back. Tights in jumbo spandex with crescent seam detail at the front. 



















    

 Cropped jacket in neoprene with an exposed zip at the front at large 'tuck'  sleeves. Skirt in printed duchess satin.





















 
Dress in lavender neoprene with printed mesh inserts at the front and in the sleeves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment