Sunday, September 19, 2010

Final garments and more...

Just a quick visual update on what's been happening in the studio:

the Galaxy Skirt in flat form...
and almost finished... (note, no stitching seen on the outside, check out that clean hem!)

Some experimenting with aquaseal - a special contact adhesive used to repair wetsuits...
I'm using aquaseal to attach the zips in my garments.
a sneak peek at what's to come with the Lunar Shirt...
and another before and after shot of the Zero Gravity skirt in lavender neoprene....dreamy!


Printed mesh for the pleated pants...
Swarovski moons and stars... to be made into zipper pulls (like a bejeweled wetsuit!)

SHOES ARRIVED FOR THE SHOW!
they are so perfect!
And finally, some external pastel influence in my life :)

4 comments:

  1. I need this skirt, Are you in brisbane? I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I buy the galaxy skirt? LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that galaxy-printed skirt available anywhere for purchase? It's truly amazing, as is everything else you've posted on here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maya,
    Not sure if this is the best way to contact you but I couldn't find any other way so I hope you get this!
    I'm a second year Journalism student at QUT and am looking for someone to profile for a piece I'm writing. I want to focus on a local designer who is just starting out in the business. I saw your graduate collection on the QUT website and thought it was stunning and would love to profile you if you're interested. It would be a one thousand word piece focusing on you as a designer, what you have done so far and where you are heading. Once it is finished I will be sending it to a number of publications to try to get it published.
    Hope this is something that you would be interested in. My contact details are meaganl86@hotmail.com - Ph. 0411 890 882.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Meagan Lawrence.

    ReplyDelete